We want a safer road to Cisco Beach.
The Friends of Hummock Pond Road Bike Path began as a joint effort between private citizens of Nantucket and Town planners to complete a bike path from the start of Hummock Pond Road to Cisco Beach-in one phase 10 years ahead of schedule!
We believe this road is a public safety issue to all motorists, cyclists, pedestrians, and anyone else that uses this roadway. Due to increased commercial and residential growth in this area and the increased popularity of Cisco and Ladies beaches during the summer season it is imperative that this bike path be constructed as soon as possible.
We have created this organization to help educate the public on these issues while also provided a place where all can donate or pledge to the fundraising and also make it easy to become involved.
- Increased traffic on this 2.6 mile stretch of road has created a serious public safely issue.
- The town of Nantucket's current schedule is to complete construction in 10 years. Our public /provate effort hopes to complete the path by the summer of 2013.
- Current estimates are that the path will cost approximately $2.75 million to complete.
- A promised $500,000 donation is contingent on the entire path being completed by thesummer of 2013.
- Raising additional money privately will reduce the burden on the taxpayers and increase the chance of approval by the voters.